I found the longest
earthworm
In the history
of the universe
And yelled for
you to come see.
You stepped on
it
With your black
plastic school shoes
And said
now there are
three.
She has decided
to work.
She will miss
the little things, they say.
But when
everyone is asleep
She brings out
her inks
and we paint.
They are the
most beautiful colours I have ever seen.
The three of us
wait by the street
It is an
exciting time
We have never
had a car before.
I lie in the
back
If I look up, I
can see the whole sky.
My mother holds
three slender pods in her palm
If you spit on
them, they will pop
She says.
I look,
disbelieving, at the spit that pools
In the hollow of
her broad smooth palms
They will pop
If you spit on them
She says.
And they do.
Love your writing Avani
ReplyDeleteLove your writing Avani
ReplyDelete